FULLY GUIDED RIFLE OR BOW HUNTING OVER ACTIVE
bear hunting is a real challenge to the sportsman, where
you have an excellent chance to match wits and abilities
with those of the elusive Black Bear. We hunt in one of
the most productive areas in Ontario. The Ontario Ministry
of Natural Resources rates our region as excellent for Black
Bear Hunting. We have an excellent success rate and will
give references upon request.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR HUNT
- Seven days hunting over an active bait. (We start baiting
for our hunters 4 weeks before your arrival.)
- First day orientation to site, guided to your baited area for Bear Hunting. Transportation to your baited area is by 4
wheel all-terrain vehicles (ATVs). Please bring your own ATV. We also have 2 baits that you can drive-to by your truck and 1 baited area you can get to by boat.
- Freezers to freeze items for your trip home.
- Fully equipped housekeeping cottage
- Fishing is included, with boat and motor with gas supplied.
Meals are not included, but they are available at the Lodge
for only $100 per person per week. This includes a home-cooked breakfast
and dinner served in the dining room, plus a packed cooler
lunch or shore lunch kit for a mouthwatering mid-day fish
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL INFORMATION
- The fall hunt is the first and second week of September.
- We take a maximum of 8 hunters per week.
- An export permit is required to take your Bear back
to the United States. This is available at a cost of $35.00
Canadian (2007 rate).
- Hunting and fishing licenses are available at Waterfalls
Lodge. To obtain a license to hunt in Ontario you must
present to the license issuer (Waterfalls Lodge) any hunting
license issued to the applicant by a competent authority
in any jurisdiction after January 1st, 1968.
- Shotguns or rifles in your possession must be unloaded
and encased when being transported in Canada. Absolutely
no handguns allowed in Canada.
- We are located in Wildlife Management Unit #37 and hunt
an area of crown land approximately 14 miles north of
- We accommodate single hunters at the same $1500.00 rate.
- A deposit of $300.00 per hunter is required to hold
your reservation. A second deposit of $300.00 is due on June 1st. The balance is due upon arrival and
may be paid by Cash, Traveler's Cheques, Visa or MasterCard.
Personal cheques not accepted.
- Gun registration is now in effect. The Lodge will provide
you with the registration form prior to your hunt. The
fee is $25.00 for any number of firearms.
WHAT TO BRING FOR YOUR HUNT
- Head Net
- Rain Gear
- Rubber Boots (some areas are wet)
- Safety Belt
- Duct Tape
- Skinning Knife
- Garbage Bags
- Unscented Soap
- Clothes to wear during day while not hunting
Also, if you feel more comfortable in your own tree stand feel
free to bring it.
COST OF BEAR HUNTS
2013 Rates: Just $1,500.00 (US) per hunter
for the complete 7 night guided bear hunt package (sales tax
and hunting licenses extra). Non-hunters are welcome to be accommodated in the same cabin at a cost of $695.00 per person. Remember, American Plan meals
are just $100 extra per person per week.